Good Afternoon everyone,
We wanted to let everyone know of a brief change in UVA ED entrance traffic pattern when bringing patients into the hospital. The change will happen starting on February 21st and be on going until February 27th. During this time frame the current ambulance entrance will be closed and the old one reopened to bring patient through. The Triage area will also be relocating back to the area across from the ED registration desks. The new EMS room will remain open however the access point will be down across from the current chest pain center.
On Tuesday, February 21:
3. The current triage rooms A – E will close and barriers will be erected
4. The old front doors will be opened and EMS will begin using this as the entrance for 4 days.
5. The new EMS entrance will be blocked for construction to do some ventilation coil work.
6. The new EMS room will still be accessible by going through the egress hallway across from Chest Pain Center.
On Friday, February 24:
1. Construction work on the coils will conclude by late afternoon.
2. The new EMS entrance will re-open late Friday afternoon as soon as the barriers come down.
3. The old front doors will be closed again.
On Monday, February 27:
1. Computers will be moved back into the RME.
2. RME will open by noon.
3. Triage / RME will move back into the new RME space by 1300.
The above is the projected time line for this project. We continue to appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we go through the growing pains together.