TJEMS will be closed Monday October 12th in observance of Columbus Day. We will reopen on Tuesday morning at 8:30 a.m.
Position Title: Program Coordinator
Position Summary: The Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting the planning and coordinating functions of the EMS Council through supporting the Regional Agencies.
- Assists with reporting requirements as necessary to comply with regulations.
- Supports the regional planning efforts of the EMS council including, but not limited to, attending meetings, collecting and analyzing data, authoring and reviewing regional plans and assisting constituents with implementation.
- Supports the regional program coordinating efforts of the EMS council including, but not limited to, attending meetings, providing technical assistance to EMS system stakeholders, authorizing and reviewing regional program documents and assisting constituents with program implementation.
- Coordinates standing committees of the Council.
- Assists with EMT classes and other training as requested.
- Responsible for Assisting Agencies with VPHIB, as requested.
- Responsible for assisting in the development of regional policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Any and all hours necessary to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Council. In general, Monday through Friday; some weekends and evenings required to meet the needs of EMS Council constituents.
- All work time associated with the incumbent is allocated to the contract between the Virginia Office of EMS and the Thomas Jefferson EMS Council, Inc.
This position is an exempt position, but is generally limited to 40 work hours per week. A courtesy compensatory time program is in place to offset additional hours when practical and approved.
Responsible to the Executive Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of principles and practices of emergency medical services systems at the local and state levels.
· Understanding of planning principles and performance improvement concepts.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with pre-hospital and hospital personnel, and representatives of educational organizations.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Understanding of personal computers for business use and in the use of word processing, spreadsheet and database management software.
· Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule of working hours that may involve travel throughout the region during day and evening hours with some weekend and overnight travel.
Education and Experience:
Two years of experience planning, developing, evaluating or operating an emergency medical services program,
AND two years experience in the direct delivery of emergency medical services as an EMT or higher.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates that have achieved certification as a CPR Instructor through American Heart Association and/or have been credentialed through the Virginia Office of EMS as an Education Coordinator.
Interested? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The 36th Annual Virginia EMS Symposium
November 11-15, 2015
The Virginia EMS Symposium offers more than 250 courses and 15 course tracks that will help participants meet their continuing education needs and maintain their EMS certification. Classes are also applicable to nurses and physicians.
Register online and learn more information at:
Registration closes Friday, October 2.
Classes are filling quickly. Don't delay, register today!
Learn more about the event
General Information: 2015 Virginia EMS Symposium
Downloadable Course Catalog: 2015 Virginia EMS Symposium Catalog
The Virginia Office of EMS publishes resources on the availability of continuing education (CE) programs which can be completed online through approved third party vendors. According to OEMS polices, online CE is only accepted from the following CE vendors as they have applied for and met stringent reporting and course content requirements as set forth by OEMS. Courses completed by providers on non-approved websites will not receive credit towards their certification.Read More